For example, you got 1000 websites to find suitable high-quality sites for your next giveaway campaign in the end of this month.
The following factors is the key point you should pay attention.
- PR and Alexa Rank (PR>3+, Alexa Rank <10,000)
- Facebook likes and Twitter fans (Above 1000)
- Comments in page (No comment should be alert)
- Niche (Related)
1. You can install a addson -SEOQuake in Firefox, after you opened a url, it will show in the head like this:
it will only cost you 10 seconds to judge if the Page rank is above 3 or not, the Alexa traffic rank is under 10,000 or not. Though the first factors are less important than ever and Google even doesn't update Page Rank this year, you can't deny higher Page Rank and Alexa Traffic Rank should be one of the factors, and you can get a final decision after composed the other 4 elements.
2. Open the social account of this website, check the likes and fans, it may take you 30s. Don't just check the number, you can check the interaction with fans like the average rate of retweet or share for each post. Or the number people talking about this page, though the following page got 3082 likes there is only 4 talking about this page. You can assure that those likes may be fake.
3. Someone will stop in step 2 and won't check the comments in website, it will take 10s more. Actually, if you spend 100 US Dollar just want to get a backlink, you can stop now. But if not, you should estimate the result your post will get. If there is no any comment for all posts in homepage, you should be alert.
4. Last one, check the category, is there any post or topic about your product? My product is about software, therefore if there is any topic about technology, i will past it after 10 second.